Our Services

Prison Law Solicitors

Are you in prison? Need expert prison law advice? We can help protect you and your rights, throughout your prison sentence.

Please note that we do not have a Prison Law Legal Aid contract so you will need to contact our Prison Law Team to discuss a private fee.

We offer a free initial telephone conference to determine whether we can assist you and take your case on. A quote for any future work will then be provided. The final fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and any distance to be travelled and costs of attending the prison if required. We will be upfront with any costs which will be approved in advance of any work being conducted.

For a general estimate of our minimum fixed fee costs please see below :

  • Meeting in our Kilburn office with family/friends from - £250 + VAT
  • Licence recall written representations to the Parole Board - £600 + VAT
  • Oral hearings before the Parole Board - £2,000 + VAT
  • Written representations to the Prison Governor - £300 + VAT
  • Adjudications - £600 + VAT

The above will vary depending on the complexity of the case and paperwork that will need to be considered. We can also work on an hourly rate. 

Are you looking for an experienced prison law solicitor?

When you are in prison it is often a difficult and challenging time in your life, which is why it is important to have specialist prison law solicitors working for you to ensure your legal rights are protected at all times.

We have an experienced team of prison law experts who are committed to ensuring that our clients receive the high quality advice and representation. We have established a reputation for supporting prisoners for the whole spectrum of prison law services whether the individual is on a short-term detention or long-term imprisonment.

Why choose JD Spicer Zeb’s prison law solicitors?

If you have found yourself within the Criminal Justice System, we can provide you with a specialist comprehensive and integrated prison law service.

We can support you initially with criminal defence, but if you are later given a custodial sentence, then we can provide you with the legal support you need to protect your legal rights whilst you are in prison.

We also realise not all solicitors are prison law specialists, so we can support you as a new client even if you are already serving a prison sentence but were not previously defended by our solicitors at JD Spicer Zeb.

Here, at JD Spicer Zeb, our prison law solicitors are able to assist prisoners settle their issues with the authorities in the fastest and most efficient way possible.

What types of cases do JD Spicer Zeb’s prison law solicitors take on?

We provide legal guidance and support throughout the criminal defence process and the custodial sentence. We are dedicated in providing support and advice to individuals serving custodial sentences or being recalled to prison on licence. Please note that we only take prison law cases on on a private fee paying basis.

Our prison law specialists cover all aspects of prison law including:

  • Parole Board Hearings
  • Licence Recall
  • Adjudications
  • Life Sentences/Imprisonment for Public Protection (IPPs)
  • Categorisation
  • Mandatory and Independent Drug Testing
  • Sentence Calculations
  • Judicial Review

Contact our prison law solicitors today!

Our prison law team is based in our in London office and can provide immediate assistance on legal representation over England and Wales. For further information, please feel free to contact our Prison Law department whether you are the prisoner requiring advice or indeed a friend or family member of the prisoner.

  • Camden Office: Call on 020 7624 7771 for further information and to discuss private funding.

Or email: solicitors@jdspicer.co.uk

Alternatively, you can fill out our quick online contact form and we will get back to you, as soon as possible.

In Urgent Cases!

For immediate representation and advice, you can contact our Emergency Number: 07836 577 556 and we will provide you with the urgent assistance you need.

    • Contact

    Our cases

    For new serious cases you can email a senior partner/lawyer directly by clicking here. When you call us you can request a call back or meeting the same day with a senior partner/lawyer or Barrister.