Check your eligibility for Legal Aid Download Legal Aid forms
Louise joined JD Spicer Zeb in 2009 and is a senior solicitor in our Crown Court department. She has considerable experience in dealing with a broad range of cases. She specialises in serious and complex crime involving a number of large-scale fraud prosecutions, serious sexual offences, drug importations and serious violence. More recently Louise has expanded her practice to deal with Inquiries alongside crime. She is currently instructed in a high profile and complex application to re-open an inquest from 2002.
Louise takes an extremely proactive approach from the start of a case and her representations to the Crown Prosecution have on multiple occasions led to the discontinuance of criminal proceedings prior to trial. She is renowned for her excellent client care skills and passionate approach to litigation.
Louise’s extensive knowledge of law and procedure enables her to provide first class advice and has led to acquittals in many high profile cases. She also achieves consistently good results and is regularly recommended by her past and present clients. She is able to deal with difficult cases involving vulnerable clients and those with mental health difficulties. Louise never fails to ensure her clients understand the case against them, adapting her advice to the specific needs of each client.
Louise has been an accredited police station representative since 2002 and regularly advises individuals detained at the police station for interview. She is also a Duty Accredited Solicitor in England and Wales representing clients at the Magistrates’ Court and Youth Courts.
- College of Law – LPC (Commendation) 1997-1998
- College of Law – Common Professional Examination 1996-1997
- Newcastle University –BA Hons Psychology 1992-1995
- Associate Solicitor – Stuart Miller & Co 2001 – 2008
- Trainee Solicitor and retained as qualified solicitor – Edwards Duthie 1998 – 2001
- R v A – Southwark Crown Court (Operation Euripidus) – Carousel fraud
- R v P – Birmingham Crown Court (Operation Rosary) – Linked to Operation Vex. Alleged carousel fraud involving over £30 million. Successful pre-trial abuse of process argument for client who was first on indictment.
- R v- P – Ipswich Crown Court – Boiler Room fraud – multi-handed operation of over £90 million
- R v B – Southwark Crown Court – (Operation Barber) – Successful representations made to prosecution to discontinue proceedings in this complex, large scale tax fraud.
- R v F – Teeside Crown Court – (Operation Cleo)– currently instructed – due for trial February 2018
Recent Cases – non fraud:
- R v DB – Central Criminal Court – Acquittal secured at trial for youth accused of murder on joint enterprise basis.
- R v IC – Snaresbrook Crown Court - Represented a young and vulnerable young man accused of violence and rape against his 5 year old brother.
- R v JH – Operation Elveden – represented HMRC officer in large scale misconduct in public office case involving The Sun newspaper. Successfully achieved suspended sentence for client after negotiating limited plea.
- R v SO – Southwark Crown Court – Acquittal secured at trial on a 56kg cocaine importation. Client was the principal defendant.
- R v TF – Central Criminal Court acquittal secured in allegation of rape involving 16 year old complainant.
- R v MC, MS, RH, MY – Croydon Crown Court – represented all 4 defendants to successful acquittal on witness intimidation charges.
- R v HF – Blackfriars Crown Court – currently instructed in allegation of rape by hospital porter on vulnerable complainant.
Membership & Appointments:
- Member of Howard League for Penal Reform
- Member of Restorative Justice Council
Louise is a qualified Restorative Justice practitioner and volunteers for CALM mediation facilitating restorative justice conferences. She has been selected as a Champion of R J by the Restorative Justice Council and has a particular interest in expanding the understanding of RJ within the Defence Community.