Poppy started working at JD Spicer Zeb in 2012 as a paralegal and completed her training contract with the firm, qualifying as a Solicitor in 2016. Poppy completed her training seats in Criminal law, Family law and Prison law but her passion has always been with Criminal law.
Poppy is duty solicitor accredited and attends the Magistrates’ Court and Youth Court regularly, representing clients for first appearances, sentence hearings and summary trials.
Poppy also manages a large case load, and has vast experience in representing both private paying and publicly funded clients on a variety of different cases including attempted murders, large scale drug conspiracy cases, firearm offences and sexual offences.
In addition to this, Poppy is a fully accredited police station representative and frequently attends the police station out of hours representing extremely vulnerable clients for a wide range of offences.
Poppy also specialises in extradition law which she has a keen interest in, and regularly attends Westminster Magistrates’ Court for extradition hearings, representing clients and advising on potential bars to extradition. She has also worked on complex extradition cases involving expert evidence and intricate human rights arguments.
Poppy is a valuable member of the team at JD Spicer Zeb and consistently demonstrates a high level of professionalism in every aspect of her work. Poppy regularly achieves good results, making her extremely popular with all of her clients.
- Solicitor, JD Spicer Zeb, 2016 – Present
- Trainee Solicitor, JD Spicer Zeb, 2014 – 2016
- Paralegal, JD Spicer Zeb, 2012 - 2014
- R V TM – Poppy worked alongside a partner of the firm on this high profile case in which the client was charged with the murder of his sister who was a well known soap star. This case involved vigorous analysis of CCTV, forensic and expert evidence.
- R V DN – Client was charged with two counts of rape on two separate victims and was acquitted following trial on both counts. This case involved complex analysis of DNA evidence.
- R V JO – Client was charged with attempted murder, in which the victim was stabbed in the chest. This case involved cell-site, CCTV and forensic evidence; The Client was acquitted following trial.
- R V TC – Large scale conspiracy to supply class A drugs case which involved eight co-defendants and extensive analysis of cell-site data and expert evidence. The case was discontinued against the client before trial.
In her spare time Poppy enjoys yoga, playing tennis and socialising. She is a lifelong fan of Arsenal FC.