Rhiannon has been an integral part of the team at JD Spicer Zeb Solicitors since she joined in 2013. She has a passion for Criminal Law which shines through in her work ethic and dedication to act in the best interest of all of her clients.
Rhiannon is a duty accredited Solicitor in England and Wales and regularly attends both the Magistrates’ Court and Youth Court to represent vulnerable defendants charged with a wide array of allegations from attempted murder, drug conspiracies and sexual offences to low level thefts, assault and criminal damage. Her compassionate yet professional manner has meant that she secures good results for her clients, which is reflected in the positive feedback she receives.
In addition to this, Rhiannon is an Accredited Police Station Representative and represents clients throughout the day and night no matter how big or small the allegation. She provides expert advice at times when clients are most vulnerable. Her meticulous approach to each case and her ability to adapt to the individual needs of each client is admirable.
Rhiannon also specialises in Extradition Law and represents a number of client’s throughout the extradition process with a case load comprising of complex bars to extradition such as matters of double jeopardy, insufficient prison conditions and Human Rights. Rhiannon currently has a number of matters being considered at the Court of Appeal.
Rhiannon also boasts extensive experience in Prison Law and heads the Prison Law department at JD Spicer Zeb Solicitors. Rhiannon has represented clients in all aspects of Prison Law including parole hearings, adjudications, re-categorisation, HDC and general concerns with treatment in custody.
Rhiannon has always been keen to ensure that her clients do not feel as though they are forgotten about, should they find themselves on remand or a serving prisoner. She will always do her upmost to ensure that their voices are heard.
- Swansea University – LPC (Distinction) 2011-2012 – Distinction
- Swansea University – Law and Psychology (LLB) 2008-2012 – 2:1.
- Solicitor, JD Spicer Zeb, 2016 – Present
- Trainee Solicitor, JD Spicer Zeb, 2014 – 2016
- Paralegal, JD Spicer Zeb, 2013 - 2014
- R v AJ – Attempted murder in which Crown offered no evidence on the day of trial following representations made to the CPS in regards to the evidence;
- R v MS – Serious domestic assault (GBH - wounding with intent) in which the allegation was that Defendant had used a glass bottle and struck his partner to the head. Defendant acquitted at trial;
- R v MNM – Client was a 15 year old boy charged with conspiracy to supply firearms and possession of a firearm with intent to endanger life at the Old Bailey. Client was charged with three adult co-defendants. Complex trial issues involving duress, telephone evidence and police surveillance.
- R v JC – Joint enterprise allegation of arson with intent to endanger life in which client was the driver who allegedly drove his co-defendants to the scene. Client acquitted following trial.
Membership & Appointments
- Junior Legal Aid Lawyers
- In her spare time Rhiannon enjoys theatre, socialising and holidays.