Zahid is an experienced specialist criminal solicitor.
He has an extensive expertise in the fields of serious violence and serious fraud.
Zahid joined JD Spicer Zeb in 2003 and qualified as a solicitor in 2006. Zahid is also a Duty Accredited Solicitor in England and Wales representing clients at the Magistrates’ and Youth Courts in respect of first appearances, sentences and trials. As a trial advocate he has secured acquittals in a wide variety of cases which include drugs offences and offences involving serious violence. He was awarded Higher Rights of Audience in 2012 and has represented clients at both the Crown Court and the Court of Appeal.
He is known for his astute and positive approach to cases, ensuring that his clients’ best interests are served.
Zahid’s reputation is based on his excellent client care skills and passionate approach to litigation.
- Terrorism – ‘Operation Overt’ represented one of the suspects in the police station for 20+ days of questioning. This case involved a bomb plot to blow up transatlantic planes mid flight.
- Murder – R v AA – Acquitted of Murder
- Murder – R v ZS – Acquitted of Murder
- Fraud – Operation Euripus – part of the defence team in relation to a 250 million VAT ‘missing trader’ fraud.
- The College of Law - London– LPC 2002-2003
- Queen Mary University – Law (LLB) 1999-2002.
- Solicitor, JD Spicer Zeb, 2006 – Present
- Trainee Solicitor, JD Spicer Zeb, 2004 – 2006
- Paralegal, JD Spicer Zeb, 2003-2006