If you have a serious matter please ask to speak to a senior solicitor/partner
Mimma is a barrister specialising in criminal law. She joined JD Spicer Zeb Solicitors in 2009 following a successful career at the bar. Mimma called to the bar in 2003 after a successful career spanning two decades in various positions in the Health Service. Due to Mimma’s background in health care she has particular interest in cases that include health issues in particular all aspects of injuries, mental health and substance misuse. Mimma often acts in sensitive cases involving tandem criminal and medical issues.
Mimma is regularly instructed in serious cases namely murder, serious violence, serious organised crime, firearms, public order, dishonesty, sexual offences, all types of fraud, money laundering and large scale drug trafficking of which she has a proven track record.
Mimma takes a proactive approach from the beginning of the case and her representations to the Crown Prosecution have on multiple occasions led to the discontinuance of criminal proceedings prior to trial. Furthermore she is renowned for her excellent client care skills and passionate approach to litigation together with her meticulous preparation and organisational skills.
Mimma’s knowledge of law and procedure enables her to provide first class advice and has led to acquittals in many high profile cases. She also achieves consistently good results and is regularly recommended by her past and present clients. She is able to deal with difficult cases involving vulnerable clients and those with mental health difficulties. Mimma never fails to ensure her clients understand the case against them and is able to gain client trust.
- BPP Law School – BVC 2002 – 2003
- BPP Law School – PgDL 2001 – 2002
- MA Health Care Law
- BSc (Hons) Health Studies
- R v SR  – False Imprisonment, indecent Images.
- R v BP  – Large scale football affray.
- R v SM  – Robbery.
- R v MA  – ABH, client with Mental Health Issues.
- R v HM  – s.18, client with Mental Health Problems.
- R v SE  – Arson, client with Mental Health Problems.
- R v ED  – Junior Counsel in Trial involving conspiracy to murder.
- R v MA  – Firearm and Affray.
- R v SC  – Large Scale Drugs and Firearms. Successful submissions at half time of Firearms.
- R v MNM  – Conspiracy to Supply Firearms.
- R v FC  – Sexual Assault.
- R v NW  – Sexual Assault.
- R v SA  – Historical Sexual Assault.
- R v NW  – Sexual Assault.
- R v AB  – Rape.
Drugs and Organised Crime:
- R v MK  – Large Scale Drug Conspiracy.
- R v QA  – Leading Counsel in Trial involving Large Scale Drugs supply and Blackmail.
- R v MA  – Ongoing Large Scale Drug Conspiracy.
- R v KP  – Large Scale Benefit Fraud.
- R v CMR  – Junior Counsel in Large Scale Benefit Fraud.
- R v TS  – Large scale Fraud. Successful Half time submission.
- R v JD  – Large Scale Letting Agency fraud.
- R v AO  – Large scale fraud.
Membership & Appointments
- South Eastern Circuit
- Inner Temple
In her spare time Mimma enjoys travel.