We actively encourage and support our employees to undertake activities that benefit the local and other communities and individuals. In recent time JD Spicer Zeb staff have given their time and energy in order to raise vital funds for various charities.
Below are some of the activities that have been undertaken by our members of staff:
- Taking part in several charity fundraising Bharathanatyam (South Indian classical dance) shows in order to raise money for the following charities:
- The ‘Ratnam Foundation’ (a charity which provides education to underprivileged children affected the war and tsunami in North and East Sri Lanka).
- ‘Sangamam 2017’ (a show put on to raise funds to reconstruct the famous temple, ‘Vattappalai Amman’, Mullaithivu in Sri Lanka, which was destroyed in the civil war).
- ‘Building Blocks Charity’ (provides a safe haven for children in disadvantaged areas around the world and also provides them with essential medical, optical, dental, educational provisions to aid their well-being).
- Volunteering with the charity ‘Being Given’, a charity which hands out food and toiletries to homeless people in different locations around London.
- Participating in a 26 mile walk for SWAT (The Sikh Welfare and Awareness Team) in order to raise money for victims in Nepal.
- Walking up Snowdon (the UK’s highest mountain) for Khalsa Aid, a charity which helps refugees in Iraq.
- Walking up Snowdon (the UK’s highest mountain) for SWAT in order to raise money for food supplies for the homeless.
- Participating in the ‘Yorkshire 3 Peaks’ to raise money for the British Heart Foundation.
- Participating in an 11 mile sponsored walk for Diabetes.
- Participating in a 10 mile sponsored walk for those suffering from Alzheimers.
- Evening and weekend voluntary work with London Street Rescue (Thamesreach), helping the homeless people into assessment centres.