If you have a serious matter please ask to speak to a senior solicitor/partner
Operate DPS Cashier
- Check bank balances Barclays.net)
- Client account posting on ledger
- Supplier invoices collection in readiness to send payment every Thursday.
- Allocate disbursements for payment on Thursday
- Posting routine entries i.e. supplier, bills from LAA, Private client invoices etc.
- Checking private invoices raised ,calculation, vat, disbursements, narration, file number.
- Check emails and respond .
- Take ad hoc payments received through card or online or cash and reconcile card entries with bank statement on day to day basis.
- Deposit cash, cheque
- Filing routine paperwork,
- Collect incoming post and deal with.
- Client and office account reconciliation
- LAA remittance for the three offices: monies generally received every Monday in office account. Collect remittance and pay disbursements on timely basis.
- Chase disbursement invoices from fee earner/billing clerk
- Go through all office account entries.
- Payment from client and office account generally every Thursday
- Bank reconciliation
- Sage payroll: Monthly wages on last Thursday but need to be set everything by Tuesday and make ready and send it before 5.00 pm for three days payment . Overtime calculation, furlough calculation, SSP, deduction calculation,
- Pension calculation to Scottish Life.
- Furlough submission
- Childcare voucher request
- FPS submission, monthly return with EPS and P32 to pay PAYE with HMRC
- Claim any SSP, SPP
- Payslip distribution
- Partners PAYE for our companies (-submit FPS with HMRC.
- Overtime request a week before wages
- Check and pay suppliers invoices / statements monthly like Phone, Internet, Stationary, Postage, Lease cars, cleaning, computer exp, parking invoice etc…
- Monthly management report (Profit cost, P and L)
- Three-way client account reconciliation (including all three designated account and Lloyds client account). Client account must be signed by a senior partner.
- Reconciliation of Office account, Step-saver Barclays account and Lloyds Office account.
- CDS entries which generally happened after 20th of each month
- Sort out travel entries which relate to CDS-6
- Reconcile monthly CDS and CMRF figures with amount received.
- Fill compliance caddy on DG Legal website.
- VAT (Our VAT quarters are Feb-Apr, May-July, Aug-Oct and Nov-Jan) which are due on 07th June, 7th of Sept, 7th of Dec and 7th of March respectively.
- Quarterly cashflow variance
- Management report when partners needed
- Year-end entries, deal with audit (generally in May or June every month), close account and necessary record keeping for year-end procedure.
Please send CV and covering letter to Umar Zeb or 140 Kilburn High Rd. Kilburn, London NW6 4JD.
Tel: 020 7624 7771